|Experience:||1-2 Yeras of Experience|
A degree in any subject is acceptable for entry into the profession, although employers may seek graduates with relevant IT, computer science or engineering qualifications. Generally, computing experience or a postgraduate IT conversion course (for graduates without relevant degrees) can be useful. It is essential to provide employers with links to/sample demonstrations of web pages that you have produced.
|Key skills for web designers:||
|Web Site Designer Job Duties:||
- Plans site design by clarifying goals; designing functionality.
- Develops site navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through content.
- Develops site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriters and graphic artists; designing images, icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc.
- Prepares site by installing and configuring server software; installing programming language using authoring and formatting tools; ensuring cross-platform compatibility; establishing links.
- Upgrades site by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
- Maintains site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards; editing submissions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
|Click here to apply for this job online|